Sunday, August 28, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday - 08/28/11

Here is my Six Sentence Sunday contribution for this week - this is from my Work In Progress - Volume Two of my Summer's Journey series.



Mark would be the first man other than my ex-husband and my gynecologist to see me naked in close to two decades.  I was equal parts aroused and terrified at the thought.


Arriving at the hotel a few minutes before 8:00pm, I quickly checked my makeup in the rearview mirror before getting out of the car.  I barely recognized the eyes looking back at me.  Slightly dilated and wild, they seemed to be projecting my inner anxiety and arousal.
Walking straight through the elegant lobby towards the bank of elevators, I smiled as I turned a few heads, including the stuffy looking clerk behind the front desk.

11 comments:

  1. Another great six sentence sunday. awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great description; nice six!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really a great description and tense. I could feel her nerves and quivering tension. Loved it Summer:) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tension here! Great six

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the description, excellent writing

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a "you go girl" moment if ever I saw one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can totally see this scene unfolding before my mind's eye. Excellent set up and interesting plot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love her building self confidence! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great description and how she reacts.

    ReplyDelete